Friday, February 26, 2016

Heartbroken


I lost my best friend of 13 years this week; my beloved dog Rogue. I'm sure most folks here completely understand that a pet is never "just" a pet, they are family. Anyone who has ever formed a bond with a dog also knows that the love they give us is completely pure and loyal... No One loves you as selflessly as a dog. In many ways, my Rogue was even a step beyond all that ,being my self taught therapy animal. With keen instinct she always knew exactly when I needed the press of her warmth against my leg, a canine hug or kiss, a laugh and playfulness or really anything else. This marvelous canine once even brought me the phone when I couldn't hear it ringing at the other end of the house!



Nursemaid, caretaker, babysitter, clown, doctor, friend, secret keeper, guide, dream sharer, protector, cheerleader; Rogue was my beloved shadow, as close to my heart as my husband or children. She helped me through some of the very toughest parts of a challenging life path. She left me two of her own kids to keep me company until I can join her, but she was jealous of their attention in those last days. I did my best to assure her that No One could taker her place in my heart, now or ever. Her passing was blessedly quick and, I hope, relatively painless. I am forever grateful that I was here to hold her while she passed. I know time will help ease the pain, but right now... I'm heartbroken. Therapeutic poetry is sure to follow eventually lol Much love my friends, give a hug to those nearest and dearest to you please. Our time her is all too brief xo



3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss, and I honor your pain and grieving with all my heart and soul, it is such a testimony to love. I love You Quinn, bless your loving heart. I am so sorry that you lost a member of your family, and one so dear to your heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mitakayue Oyasin, Beloved Thank you for holding me in your heart xo

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this informative article, I hope you will get most positive response specially for this post. . . .
    โกเด้นสล็อต

    ReplyDelete