Sunday, October 18, 2015

Mystery from Sri Lanka

Sweet wood, Evergreen Singer
Phoenix’s nest from the family of Laurels
Hidden in a canyon of snakes
Your origins shrouded in mystery, yet
your voice has been heard around the World.

“I sing of Awakening, Rebirth, 
Health, Prosperity, Joy
and taking the time 
to attend to your Spirit.

I will stir your blood 
protecting your heart
warming you with gratitude
and love for All Your Relations
Sharpening your mind’s eye
attention, vitality, memory.

I helped the Egyptians
lay their Ancestors to rest
My incense was the funeral pyre
for Nero’s poor wife. 
Solomon sang my name
My curling quills have
stopped the growth of virus, fungi and bacteria.
I have anointed masses with sacred oil through the ages

We have probably met 
over coffee some morning
Your Grandma surely 
baked me in her cookies
You may not know my face,
but my taste is familiar!"

For those new to the game, each poem is inspired by a Teacher found in Nature; a star, stone, animal, plant etc that holds lessons of Wisdom for us. Can you guess who is singing today?




No comments:

Post a Comment