Monday, October 22, 2018

Stir the Cauldron

The witching hour strikes
Shadows swirl at the
Crossroads of your soul
The Moon's brightly slitted eye sees all
as we listen to this Teacher's bewitching call...
 
"Curious
Halfway in this world
Halfway out
Daggers sheathed
Tail twitching and hooked
In silence I stalk my prey
bringing home gifts of
Magic
Mystery
Divine messages
tiny details oft overlooked
All brought home
like so many strays

Nine times I return
Sometimes to play
Others to wander
Lastly to share my life with yours
Tiger striped kings
Calico queens
black shadows crossing your path
full of omens, dreams, spells 
swearwords in tongues ancient and modern 
We chose you
Domesticated and subtly trained you
Silly furless milkmad kits
We will show you how it's done
Prick your ears
Listen, people

Why, we have simply been
Humming with content
Invoking your laughter with our whimsy
Keeping your domain vermin free
Our chosen chore
Curled in your lap
We will unwind your stress
Wipe away your fears
Ease heartache
Unravel knots from past lives
as easily as string from theory
Chasing cares away 
like rats from barn or pantry door

Teach you the ways of Dreamtime
To hunt your Shadowself with agility, with grace
How to travel, broomless,
through Astral doors
Become the very riddles 
you sought
You have been the treasure
all along Beloveds
hidden from yourselves
Like whiskers hide my face
behind one door or another
Let me in
Let me out
What is that all about?
Although we suppose 
the journey must be
necessary
Inconvenient, no one can argue that
least of all me

Beloved of Freya
Ambassador of Bast
Sleek and satisfied
Slumbering in the warm Sun
Dreaming of the days when I was
worshiped
adored
cosseted as divine.
Remember
We are One
You too are a piece of Divinity
Be worthy of our praise
Live clean
Pick delicately at the bones of wisdom
Fiercely independent
Meet life on your own terms.
Be mirrored in our luminous gaze"



For those new to the game, each piece in my Singing
Series focuses on a Teacher found in nature; a star, stone, animal or plant that holds lessons of Wisdom for us. Can you guess who is singing?


2 comments:

  1. Moved me to my soul... brought to my old familiar Griff, black as night he was, with an attitude so large he could put a dog in the corner, with a single glance xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a grey tiger named Frodo who was the same way! lol Chased large dogs back into their houses, raccoons off his porch and into the sewer, and still found time to play hide and seek with my kids :)

      Delete