Saturday, May 12, 2018

Rubus Fruticosus Rhumba

My blossoms summon bees
to do my bidding
My wine dark drupelet fruit
tempts every feathered messenger
Lures B'rer Rabbit,
Bear, Fox, Deer
from their sheltered nooks
Even you may find yourself
standing guilty before me
Fingers & mouth incriminated
by the stain of my ink
More than 2000 years
No stranger to Witches, Doctors, Cooks

Brigid's star, Bride's blessing
Sacred bramble
Beloved by expectant mothers
children, Fair Folk and
the poet smith Goddess
We encourage you to think
Feed
the hungry
Comfort
Strengthen
the worn & frail
Heal
the sick
Protect the innocent
with bladed cane
and daggered bodice
Tis our duty to Provide
Our right to Defend
Our pleasure to Inspire
as we all ramble
round this Wheel

For those new to the game, each piece is inspired by a Teacher found in Nature; a star, stone, animal, plant etc that holds lessons of Wisdom for those that listen. Can you guess who is singing today?


2 comments: